1.Why might I quote someone directly rather than summarize them?
2. What is the difference between using quotations and using italics in citations?
3. What is the fisrt thing you need to know about a source?
4. Where might you go to get help with how to cite something?
5. What are three things that each annotation should include?
6. What is something you remember that’s not on this quiz?
1. Caleb Jones explains that people who do not go into nature are “cowardly” Although the word cowardly is too strong here, I do think we all could use more nature.
2. In the work cited entires OR i the text itself, small stuff =” quotations”, large=italics
3. The first thing you need to know about a source is the first AND last names of the authors. The first time you intro an author, you’re going to use their full name. After that, use their last name.
Where might you get help to cite something?
Easy Bib/ Citation Machine/
What three thing are a part of an annotation?
Author, Title, Date, sometimes Journals/ numbers
Citation, Summary, Evaluation
Given a topic in January- the apocalyptic event
Narrow this topic- health care in the apocalypse
In hight school you have your thesis first, and then you look up sources that support that.
Extreme tourism- my topic
I do research and read different types of sources and THEN- Hypothesis:
Using exteame tourism to become famous online is an insukt to the people who have survived the disaster.
In this project a set of instagram photos i found online illustrated my main point: that extreme toursim, especially done right after the event, is disrespectful to the survivors.
10 sources: 5 should be from scholary journals and 5 can be online
Use pop culture text.
Topic: grieving after a disaster/ setting up services
On my first few pages I want to share examples of grieved alongside their characters was on the film Avengers: Infinity War. This film features a group of heros in their attempt to stop the unrelenting Thanos from wiping out half of the galaxy’s population. In the conculsion to this film , most viwers were heartbroken when they saw Iron Man holding Spiderman, who disappered in to ash. Likewise, Capt America sank to his knees to see his best friend vanish before his eyes. These moments might be similar to ones we have experience after disasters.
Chernobyl Diaries. Directed by Brad Parker, performances by and , 2012
This film shows what happens to a group of young adults who travel to Chernobyl. The horror comes when they are stranded on the site.